Coventry City Council, Coventry City Architect 's Department. Coventry City Architect's Department
Found in 5 Collections and/or Records:
Scope and Contents Research regarding Coventry series consists of:
- reports from Coventry City Architectural and Planning Department, 1955-1959
- City Centre development plans from Coventry City Architectural and Planning Department, 1931-1956
Scope and Contents Papers and plans relating to the Coventry City Council
- papers, photographs and plans from Coventry City Architect's Department ,1939-1944
- collected reports and plans regarding Coventry's redevelopment, 1931-1959
Scope and Contents Letter to Sir John Charles Walsham Reith, Lord Reith, from Sir Donald Evelyn Edward Gibson asking for help in an attempt to have Percy Johnson-Marshall excused active service in World War II, so that he could continue to work on reconstruction for Coventry City Architect's Department .
Dates: 15 March 1941
Scope and Contents Redevelopment of Coventry - housing subseries consists of:
- material relating to the opening of the Canley Estate houses, 18 December 1941
- photographs of the Canley Estate,c1941
- press clippings and journal articles concerning Coventry's housing developments, 1940-1944
- plans for housing, a nursery and a panoramic view, c1940
Scope and Contents This file contains a number of internal reports produced by the Coventry City Architectural and Planning Department. They include a history of the redevelopment of Coventry, reports to the Planning and Redevelopment Committee, a guide to architecture and planning in Coventry and a description of planned new housing at Willenhall Wood.