Coventry City Council, Coventry City Architect 's Department. Coventry City Architect's Department
Found in 6 Collections and/or Records:
Papers and plans relating to the Coventry City Council
- papers, photographs and plans from Coventry City Architect's Department ,1939-1944
- collected reports and plans regarding Coventry's redevelopment, 1931-1959
Programme for the opening of the houses on the Canley Estate, Coventry on 18 December 1941 which was attended by the City of Coventry Housing Committee and the City Architect Sir Donald Evelyn Edward Gibson, representing the Coventry City Architect's Department.
This file contains a set of 8 labelled black and white photographic prints (15.5cm x 18.5cm) of the housing scheme at Canley Estate, Coventry, and some of the associated negatives on one sheet. There is also a photograph (11.5cm x 12cm) of a planning drawing, probably of the Canley Estate, and 2 black and white photographic print (16cm x 21cm) showing a block of flats under construction.
Papers, photographs and plans from Coventry City Architect's Department consists of:
- general papers, photographs, press-clippings and plans, 1939-1945
- photographs, press-clippings and plans concerning housing development in Coventry, c1940-1944
- personal material concerning Percy Johnson-Marshall's employment, 15 March 1941
Redevelopment of Coventry - housing subseries consists of:
- material relating to the opening of the Canley Estate houses, 18 December 1941
- photographs of the Canley Estate,c1941
- press clippings and journal articles concerning Coventry's housing developments, 1940-1944
- plans for housing, a nursery and a panoramic view, c1940
This file contains a number of internal reports produced by the Coventry City Architectural and Planning Department. They include a history of the redevelopment of Coventry, reports to the Planning and Redevelopment Committee, a guide to architecture and planning in Coventry and a description of planned new housing at Willenhall Wood.