Coventry City Council, Coventry City Architect 's Department. Coventry City Architect's Department
Found in 5 Collections and/or Records:
Scope and Contents Papers and plans relating to the Coventry City Council
- papers, photographs and plans from Coventry City Architect's Department ,1939-1944
- collected reports and plans regarding Coventry's redevelopment, 1931-1959
Scope and Contents Programme for the opening of the houses on the Canley Estate, Coventry on 18 December 1941 which was attended by the City of Coventry Housing Committee and the City Architect Sir Donald Evelyn Edward Gibson, representing the Coventry City Architect's Department.
Dates: 18 December 1941
Scope and Contents This file contains a set of 8 labelled black and white photographic prints (15.5cm x 18.5cm) of the housing scheme at Canley Estate, Coventry, and some of the associated negatives on one sheet. There is also a photograph (11.5cm x 12cm) of a planning drawing, probably of the Canley Estate, and 2 black and white photographic print (16cm x 21cm) showing a block of flats under construction.
Scope and Contents Papers, photographs and plans from Coventry City Architect's Department consists of:
- general papers, photographs, press-clippings and plans, 1939-1945
- photographs, press-clippings and plans concerning housing development in Coventry, c1940-1944
- personal material concerning Percy Johnson-Marshall's employment, 15 March 1941
Scope and Contents This file contains a number of internal reports produced by the Coventry City Architectural and Planning Department. They include a history of the redevelopment of Coventry, reports to the Planning and Redevelopment Committee, a guide to architecture and planning in Coventry and a description of planned new housing at Willenhall Wood.