Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:
Scope and Contents Note about Caibeal Cui-Chros-é and Colla mac Spéir collected from Daniel Macinnon [Daniel or Donald MacKinnon] Grin [Grithean/Grean, Barraigh/Isle of Barra]. The note describes the situation of the chapel as being 'fo bhonn na beinne bige on the south side of Beinn Eoligearry at Meallach' [Beinn Bheag Eolaigearraidh], that it is marked by a standing stone and that Colla mac Spéir built it but was also burned in it. Carmichael notes that it was referred to in Martin Martin's book ...
Dates: 12 August 1871
Scope and Contents Notes about Caibeal na Mealacha which is also known as Caibeal Colla Mac Speur [also Caibeal Cui-Chroise, Barraigh/Isle of Barra] that Colla Mac Speur [also Colla Mac Spéir] was a stranger who was buried at the chapel alone. The people wanted to make it a burial place but were not allowed and had to bury people at Cille-bharra. All the stones for Caibeal Colla Mac Speur were found at Cille-bharra.
Dates: September 1872