Skip to main content

mac Coiseam

 Person

Found in 4 Collections and/or Records:

Archaeological and historical notes on the construction of Teampull na Trionaid, 18 January 1871

 Item
Identifier: Coll-97/CW116/136
Scope and Contents Archaeological and historical notes collected from John MacKinnon, Cairinis/Carinish, Uibhist a Tuath/North Uist on the construction of Teampull na Trionaid. Included in the details are that the gable of the building fell down after people dug at the foundations to get the flagstone which were there. A man known as Uilleam Clachair, possibly William Paterson, who came from Assaint a Tua [Asainte/Assynt, Cataibh/Sutherland] to work at Baile Raghnaill/Balranald and Baile nan Caileach/Nunton...
Dates: 18 January 1871

Field notebook of Alexander Carmichael, 15 July 1870 to 19 October 1871

 Series
Identifier: Coll-97/CW116
Scope and Contents Field notebook belonging to Alexander Carmichael, inscribed on the inside cover with 'Alexander A Carmichael Inland Revenue Lochmaddy N[orth] Uist 15/7 1870 Note Book No 8'. The majority of this notebook contains material collected on Tarasaigh/Taransay from the MacDonalds at Paible House, Mor or Marion MacQueen and Donald MacKinnon including notes on the island's archaeology, local history and geographical changes, with stories of how coastal erosion revealed burial sites and renditions of the...
Dates: 15 July 1870 to 19 October 1871

Note clarifying the names of people at Carnish, 20 January 1871

 Item
Identifier: Coll-97/CW116/154
Scope and Contents Note clarifying the names of people at Carnish [Cairinis, Uibhist a Tuath/North Uist] that the Bo mhaol bhuidhe [bò mhaol bhuide] came to Mac Ille Phadruig 'ic Dhonil [mac Ille Phadruig 'ic Dhòmhnaill], that Mac Coiseam was the man who built the west side of Teampull na Trionaid/Temple of the Trinity and that Nic Coiseam was muime [nurse] to Mac Iain ic Sheumais.
Dates: 20 January 1871

Story about Mac Thomais building part of Teampull na Trionaid, 20 January 1871

 Item
Identifier: Coll-97/CW116/161
Scope and Contents Story collected from Alexander MacDonald, Cladach Chirceboist/Claddach Kirkibost, Uibhist a Tuath/North Uist which tells how Mac Thomais [Mac Thòmais] came home and built the west gable of the Temple [Teampull na Trionaid/Temple of the Trinity]. He meant to reroof the building too but Moraire Ban [Morair Bàn] would not let him. He adds that 'Sgeir ioc Thomais (?Ceiseam) is below the Temple' [Sgeir ic Coiseam].
Dates: 20 January 1871