Skip to main content

Note about the quarry at Phrènphort, September 1870

 Item
Identifier: Coll-97/CW106/55

Scope and Contents

Note about the quarry at Phrènphort that it is where the stones for the castle were from. Also notes that the smithy is close by at Bealach and Pein Feannaig [possibly Brenphort, Bealach and Peighinn Feannaig, all Lios Mòr/Lismore, Earra Ghàidheal/Argyllshire].

Dates

  • September 1870

Language of Materials

English Gaelic

Conditions Governing Access

This material is unrestricted.

Extent

From the Series: 117 folios ; 20 x 16.5 cm

Physical Location

5.07

Physical Location

folio 16v, line 17 to folio16v , line 19

Repository Details

Part of the Edinburgh University Library Special Collections Repository

Contact:
Centre for Research Collections
University of Edinburgh Main Library
George Square
Edinburgh EH8 9LJ Scotland
+44(0)131 650 8379