Papers of John William Aldren Turner, 1869-1974
Scope and Contents
- Baptism certificate, in All Souls’ Church, in St Mary-le-Bone (Middlesex), 1907.
- Townsend Warner History Prize for preparatory schools for good work in the Examination awarded to J. W. A. Turner in1924.
- School certificate of the Oxford and Cambridge Schools Examination Board, awarded to John W. A. Turner in July 1927.
- Certificate of John William Aldren Turner from the Officers Training Corps., to certify that he has qualified in the infantry syllabus of examination.
- Letter confirming he satisfied the examiners in Scripture Knowledge in the Higher Certificate Examination held in July 1929, though failing to obtain a certificate.
- Degree certificate and registration certificate for John Turner’s Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (Oxford), July 1935.
- CV of, and recommendation letters for John W A Turner, for the post of House Physician to the National Hospital, Queen Square, dated 1937
- Registration-certificates for Additional Medical Qualification, dated 10 June 1940.
Photographs and certificates (outsize)
- 3 photographs on cardboard (approx. 38 x 26 cm) originally in brown envelope sent to John W. A. Turner in London, showing young male pupils in Clifton College.
- Certificate (letters testimonials) awarding the Membership of the Royal College of Physicians of London to John William Turner (son of William A Turner) on the 13 July 1937.
- Envelope containing certificate of Doctor of Medicine awarded by Oxford University to John W A Turner on 1 June 1940.
- Certificate awarding the Fellowship of the Royal College of Physicians of London to John William Turner on the 25 May 1946.
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
- Animal Experimentation
- Clifton College (1862-:)
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.)
- Ferrier, David, 1843-1928 (Scottish neurologist and psychologist)
- Medical students
- Neurology | Scotland |
- Photographs -- Student Groups
- Royal College of Physicians (1518-)
- Spillane, John David "Jerry" , 1909-1985 (Welsh neurologist)
- Turner, John William Aldren, 1911-1980 (British neurologist and physician)
- University of Oxford (c1096-:)