Bound manuscript entitled 'Sect. 7. Cattle, Green Crops' , c 1790
Scope and Contents
- 'The Soil & Climate of the Highlands'
- 'The State of the Highland Cattle during Winter'
- 'The grasses and green Crops proper to be cultivated in the Highlands'
- 'Crops for dry Provender: 1. Clover &am; Ryegrass; 2 Phleum Pratense Cats tails grass, or Timothy grass; 3 Holcus Lanalus. Soft grass; 4 Avena Elatior. Tall Oat grass; 5 Aira Caerulia'
- 'Crops for Green Forage: 1 Turneps;  Turnep Cabbage”; 3 Cabbage; 4 Borecole; 5 Mangel Wurzel'
- 'General Remarks'
- c 1790
- Walker, John, 1731-1803 (professor of natural history, University of Edinburgh and clergyman) (Author, Person)
Language of Materials
1 bound MS volume