Correspondence: Albert Auguste De Lapparent to Charles Lapworth, 1873-1911
Scope and Contents
- 38 letters, alphabetically arranged (1873-1911)
Language of Materials
Biographical / Historical
Albert Auguste de Lapparent (1839-1908) wrote regarding publications by both himself and Geikie, particularly Geikie's work on the origins of coral reefs. He also discussed matters relating to various professional organisations.
Charles Lapworth (1842-1920) wrote about a number of geology related matters including various types of rock, fossils collected by the British Geological Survey and survey maps.
From the Fonds: 2 metres
- Geikie, Archibald, Sir (Professor of Geology, University of Edinburgh)
- Geological Mapping
- Geological Survey of Great Britain (1835-:)
- Lapworth, Charles, 1842-1920 (geologist)
- Professional Associations
- Rock Types
- Scholarly Publishing
- de Lapparent, Albert Auguste, 1839-1908 (French geologist)