File relating to the history of Dunfermline College of Physical Education, 1906-1982
Scope and Contents
File containing booklets, minutes of meetings, draft notes, and newspaper cuttings relating to the foundation and history of the Dunfermline College of Physical Education. Also includes a booklet and a memorandum on the Carnegie Dunfermline Trust.
- Booklet entitled The Carnegie Dunfermline Trust. 1903-1953, published by the West Fife Publishing Company Ltd, Dunfermline. Contains an introduction by William Dick, Chairman, and J. W. Ormiston, Secretary; lists of trustees, secretaries and treasurers; dates of foundations and offices; information on buildings and activities; annual grants; summary of income and expenditure; present allocations of Trust income; and photographs.
- Photocopy of a memorandum entitled 'Memorandum by the Carnegie Dunfermline and Hero Fund Trustees as Managers of Dunfermline College of Hygiene and Physical Education in connection with the proposals of the National Committee for the Training of Teachers for the transference of the College from Dunfermline', c 1930
- Invitation to the opening of the new Dunfermline College of Physical Education by her Majesty Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother, 7 June 1966, addressed to Mr and Mrs David Wilson.
- Pamphlet on the re-opening of the Carnegie Centre on 31st March 1982 by Adam Hunter, Esq.
- Typescript drafts of a chapter entitled 'The Carnegie Dunfermline Trust', from 'The History of Dunfermline College of Hygiene & Physical Education, (As a Mixed College...1905-1931)'
- Student prospectus from Dunfermline College of Physical Education, 1970s.
- Circular from the Scottish Education Department on 'Physical Education and Physical Well-Being', 1936.
- Newspaper cutting (original and photocopy) from the The Scotsman dated 19 September 1930, entitled 'Physical Education - Dunfermline College - Sir John Ross on Position'.
- Collection of newspaper cuttings entitled 'Dunfermline College of Hygiene and Physical Education. Newspaper Reports and leaders re proposal to transfer College of Hygiene from Dunfermline', 1930.
- Two newspaper cuttings from the The Dunfermline "Press" dated 30 August 1930 on the 'College of Hygiene'.
- Memorandum of information re Dunfermline College of Hygiene and Physical Education, for meeting with Scottish Education Department on 2nd October 1930, in connection with the proposals of the National Committee for the Training of teachers, relative to the transference of the College.
- National Committee for the Training of Teachers, Central Executive Committee: minutes of meeting of Finance Committee on 14th November 1931.
- National Committee for the Training of Teachers, Central Executive Committee: memo and minutes of meeting of the supervising sub-committee held on 24 June 1924 in the offices of the Carnegie Dunfermline Trust
- Typescript from the Dunfermline College entitled 'Proposals for remodelling the course of training in order to enlarge the educational outlook of students and to improve their prospects', session 1922-1923.
- National Committee for the Training of Teachers, Central Executive Committee: minute of the first meeting of the Supervising Sub-Committee, held on 15th November 1921 in the offices of the Carnegie Dunfermline Trust.
- Photocopy of newspaper cuttings on the Carnegie Dunfermline Trust, dated December 1906.
- Creation: 1906-1982
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
The file and the textbooks are open for consultation (please contact the repository in advance). Tthe audiotapes are not currently accessible for technical reasons.
1 file (1 folder and 1 booklet)