Redevelopment of Coventry - proposed redevelopment plans, c1941-1943
Scope and Contents
- 5 plans (68cm x 70cm) at 1:2500 scale and are by the city architect, Sir Donald Evelyn Edward Gibson. Each of these plans differs slightly and one is hand-coloured to match the integral redevelopment key. These accompanied the Report of the City Development Committee to the Council on 13 February 1941
- 2 plans (56cm x 76cm) at 1:2500 scale are by the city architect, Sir Donald Evelyn Edward Gibson and show different proposals for the redevelopment of the central area, overlain on the topography. One of these is hand coloured.
- 1 plan (67cm x 90cm) at 1:2500 scale by the city architect, Sir Donald Evelyn Edward Gibson shows old buildings to be preserved and the proposed new buildings.
- 1 general layout plan (76cm X 97cm) at 1:1250 scale by the city architect, Sir Donald Evelyn Edward Gibson, July 1944
- 4 plans (75cm x 102cm) at 1:2500 scale by city engineer EH Ford showing 3 alternatives for the redevelopment of central Coventry. One plan has some hand-colouring, August 1943
- 1 plan (66cm x 92cm) at 1:2500 scale by city architect and planning officer Arthur Ling shows another redevelopment alternative. This plan is hand-coloured in felt-tip pen.
- 2 plans (56cm x 76cm) consisting of draft pencil tracings of Coventry Centre by Percy Johnson-Marshall at 1:2500 scale.
- Coventry City Council (Organization)
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
From the Sub-Fonds: 0.3 metres
Sarah Higgins 1 October 2003
- City Planning
- Coventry (England)
- Coventry City Council
- Coventry City Council, Coventry City Architect 's Department. Coventry City Architect's Department
- Ford, EH, fl1931-1943 |engineer
- Gibson, Sir Donald Evelyn Edward, 1908-1991 (architect and town planner)
- Johnson-Marshall, Percy, 1915-1993 (professor of urban design and regional planning, University of Edinburgh)
- Land Use Maps
- Land Use, Planning
- Ling, Arthur, 1913-? (architect and town planner)
- Local Government
- Urban Renewal