Minute Book No V, 16 January 1862 - 26 October 1863
Scope and Contents
Full details of the Society's business is recorded including: details of honorary, corresponding and normal membership, details of office-bearers and their election, financial details, reports on the Society's general business, plans and reports on a Conversazione held on 15 March 1863, details of donations for the Society's museum and library and the plans for housing and expanding these. Details of the election of Sir Roderick Impey Murchison as Patron are also included.
Pasted into the notebook are: the annual printed summer and winter syllabuses, the ticket and programme for the Conversazione and a programme for a course of 13 public lectures delivered by David Page on behalf of the Society in 1863-1864.
- 16 January 1862 - 26 October 1863
- Edinburgh Geological Society (Organization)
From the Series: 14 Volumes
- Collection Development (Libraries)
- Corporate Minutes
- Edinburgh -- Scotland
- Edinburgh Geological Society
- Geology Museums
- Murchison, Sir Roderick Impey, 1792-1871 (1st Baronet | Scottish geologist)
- Nominations for Membership
- Page, David, David |1814-1879 (professor of geology, Durham University College of Science)
- Societies, Geological