Minute Book No VI, 05 November 1863 - 15 October 1867
Scope and Contents
Full details of the Society's business is recorded including: details of honorary, corresponding and normal membership, reports from Annual General Meetings including details of office-bearers and their election, financial details, reports on the Society's general business including the final decision to admit women members on 23 March 1865, reports on a recruitment drive, details of donations for the Society's museum and library and the plans for housing and expanding these. There is a report on a joint excursion with the Geological Society of Glasgow on 30 June 1866 and preparations for a Conversazione at the held on 6 December 1866 .
Pasted into the notebook are: the constitition, laws and byelaws of the society, the annual printed winter syllabuses for years 1863 - 1866, summer excursion syllabuses for years 1864-1867, billets of meetings 1866-1867, reports on the Society's meetings from the Scotsman and Geological Monthly Magazine (these include abstracts of papers read), 2 printed presidential addresses by David Page and obituaries for the president Charles McLaren and Professor Henry Darwin Rodgers.
Images from this item:
- 05 November 1863 - 15 October 1867
- Edinburgh Geological Society (Organization)
From the Series: 14 Volumes
- Edinburgh -- Scotland
- Edinburgh Geological Society
- Geological Society of Glasgow (1858-:)
- McLaren, Charles, 1782-1866 (editor of The Scotsman and president of the Edinburgh Geological Society)
- Page, David, David |1814-1879 (professor of geology, Durham University College of Science)
- Rogers, Henry Darwin, 1808-1866 (American geologist | Professor of Natural History and Geology, University of Glasgow)