Minute Book No 7, 07 November 1867 - 18 March 1879
Scope and Contents
Full details of the Society's business is recorded including: details of honorary, corresponding and normal membership and diplomas awarded, reports from Annual General Meetings including details of office-bearers and their election, financial details, details of the publications of Transactions of the Edinburgh Geological Society, details of donations for the Society's museum and library and the plans for housing and expanding these. Deaths of members and prominant geologists are recorded, including the patrons Sir Roderick Impey Murchison and Sir Charles Lyell.
Lists of papers read and planned excursions are given.
Pasted into the notebook are: newspaper clippings with reports of Society meetingsNovember 1878 - February 1879. These include abstracts of papers read. There are also newspaper clippings reporting on Society excursions and a joint excursion with the Geological Society of Glasgow . An obituary for former president, Professor David Page, is included. A billet for an excursion by the Inverness Scientific Society and Field Club on 30 July 1881 is tucked between the pages.
- 07 November 1867 - 18 March 1879
- Edinburgh Geological Society (Organization)
From the Series: 14 Volumes
- Collection Development (Libraries)
- Corporate Minutes
- Edinburgh -- Scotland
- Edinburgh Geological Society
- Geological Society of Glasgow (1858-:)
- Geology Museums
- Inverness Scientific Society and Field Club (fl1881-1899)
- Lyell, Sir Charles, 1797-1875 (1st Baronet | Scottish geologist)
- Murchison, Sir Roderick Impey, 1792-1871 (1st Baronet | Scottish geologist)
- Nominations for Membership
- Page, David, David |1814-1879 (professor of geology, Durham University College of Science)
- Scholarly Publishing
- Societies, Geological