Skip to main content

Metal plaque for an animal house funded by the Wellcome Trust, 1959

 Item — OpenShelf: 5.05/21/1/5, Box: data_value_missing_b398996aa343577b8d2416b3b8f94335, Box: data_value_missing_2a8cc262ccf05849dd5a27c0cfe66354
Identifier: EUA IN1/ACU/A1/10/4

Scope and Contents

Wording on the plaque reads 'This animal house was built in 1959 with the aid of a grant from the Wellcome Trust, Chairman Sir Henry Dale / Scientific Secretary Dr. F.H.K. Green.'


  • 1959

Language of Materials

From the Sub-subfonds: English

Conditions Governing Access

This material is open.

Biographical / Historical

The Wellcome Trust provided funds for new rabbit and mouse houses to be built on the Institute site. These were completed in 1960 and opened at a ceremony presided over by Sir Henry Dale, Chairman of the Trust.


1 item ; 59.7cm x 15cm x 3cm

Repository Details

Part of the University of Edinburgh Library Heritage Collections Repository

Centre for Research Collections
University of Edinburgh Main Library
George Square
Edinburgh EH8 9LJ Scotland
+44(0)131 650 8379