Papers of Sir John Jackson
Scope and Contents
- Photograph albums.
- Albums of newspaper clippings relating to Sir John Jackson's work, and to his and his family's personal life.
- Personal and business correspondence.
- Material relating to Sir John Jackson's candidacy as MP for Devonport in 1904, 1906, and 1910.
- Printed material such as biographies, and reports on his projects.
- Newspapers and magazines containing articles relating to Sir John Jackson and his work, and to his family.
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
Biographical / Historical
21 boxes (20 standard size boxes, one outsize box, and loose outsize documents.)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Civil Engineering
- Civil engineers
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.)
- Hjort, Johan, 1869-1948 (fisheries scientist, marine zoologist, oceanographer)
- Jackson, Ellen Julia, fl 1876-1919 (wife of Sir John Jackson)
- Jackson, John, Sir, 1851-1919 (civil engineer; engineering contractor)
- Keyham Plymouth England
- Photograph albums
- Railway Workers
- Simon?s Town Cape of Good Hope South Africa
- Sumatra (Indonesia)
- Tait, Peter Guthrie, 1831-1901 (mathematician and physicist)
- Zaharoff, Basil, 1849-1936 (arms-dealer, industrialist)
- Papers of Sir John Jackson (1851-1919)
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script