Material relating to the University studies of James K. Watson
Scope and Contents
In addition to the study content, there are ink sketches, photographs and poetry in the album. Two of the sketches are signed E. H. Wilcox 1887. There are photographs of:
- Lighthouse, Farne Islands - June 1893
- Pinnacle Rocks, Farne Islands - June 1893
- Lanercost Abbey (2) - July 1893
- Durham Cathedral - looking west - July 1893
- Scarborough (3) - August 1893
- Pwll-y-Pant - view from - December 1893
- Valley - Llanfair... - July 1895
- Caerlaverock Castle - August 1896
On the cover of the album is a photograph (oval lozenge) showing two figures.
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
Biographical / Historical
After graduation and into his medical career, he would hold posts as House Surgeon at Essex and Colchester Hospital, House Surgeon at Morpeth Dispensary, Assistant House Surgeon at Sheffield Royal Hospital and Assistant House Surgeon at Sheffield General Infirmary.
Watson had been a member of the Royal Medical Society (Edinburgh) and the British Medical Association. He died in the late 1940s.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Material relating to the University studies of James Kenneth Watson (fl. 1885-1896)