Medals of William A. Knowles
Scope and Contents
- 1 x silver medal - Annual Prize - Perth Academy - awarded to William A. Knowles 1882-1883 - 1st student Senior Mathematical and Physical Class
- 1 x silver medal - Annual Prize - Perth Academy - awarded to William D[sic]. Knowles 1884-1885 - 1st student Senior Latin Class
- 1 x bronze medal -Edinburgh University - awarded to William A. Knowles 1885-1886 - Junior Mathematics
- 1 x bronze medal - Edinburgh University - awarded to William A. Knowles 1886-1887 - Senior Mathematics
- 1 x bronze medal -Edinburgh University - awarded to William A. Knowles 1892-1893 - Biblical Criticism
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
Biographical / Historical
Knowles went on to become a Minister and was licensed by the Presbytery of Edinburgh on 10 May 1893. He was an assistant at Barony, Glasgow, between 1893 and 1897, and was ordained at Kerse Mission (near Falkirk) on 2 September 1897. He translated to West Coates Parish, Edinburgh, in October 1909, and then to Dalton, Annandale, in 1918, until November 1938.
He compiled and edited Prayers for Divine Service (1923, 1929).
Willam Andrew Knowles died on 19 February 1942.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Medals of William Andrew Knowles (1868-1942)
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script