Material relating to William V. Stevens
Scope and Contents
- copies of papers relating to a Complimentary Dinner held in February 1967 for the Rt. Rev. R. Leonard Small, OBE. DD. and these are composed of final arrangements, guest list, and note of the proceedings, as well as photographs and menu for the event.
- a copy of a list of players in the Edinburgh University Association Football XI, 1925-1930, and a copy of arrangements for the Reunion Dinner, Association Football 1925-1933, held in May 1971, as well as photographs of the participants in the event, a toast list, and menu etc
- photographs and menu / 'order of play' for the Complimentary Dinner held in October 1975 for the Rt. Rev. James G. Matheson DD
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
Biographical / Historical
He earned business experience in London with import and export merchants and bankers. Between 1939 and 1967 Stevens was Director and Secretary of Edinburgh Chamber of Commerce and Manufactures. He was also the University Rector's Assessor and served on the University Court for five years from 1952. In 1972 he was appointed Editor of the University of Edinburgh Journal and in 1979 he held the dual offices of Honorary Secretary and Honorary Editor of the title.
William Victor Stevens was a J.P. and he was awarded the O.B.E.
- Matheson, James G., Rt. Rev., fl. 1975 (Moderator of the General Assembly of the Church of Scotland)
- Small, R. Leonard, Rt. Rev., fl. 1966 (Moderator of the General Assembly of the Church of Scotland)
- Stevens, William Victor, fl. 1929-1979 (student, Edinburgh University)
- University of Edinburgh (Scottish University)
- Material relating to William V. Stevens (fl. 1929-1979)
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script