Papers of Richard Alan Beatty
Scope and Contents
- Coll-1364/1: papers relating to scientific research (1949-1982);
- Coll-1364/2: papers relating to grants from the Ford Foundation (1960-1983);
- Coll-1364/3: papers relating to lectures given by R.A Beatty (1948-1978);
- Coll-1364/4: papers relating to conferences and other events (1955-1982);
- Coll-1364/5: papers relating to reports and visits (1951-1981);
- Coll-1364/6: correspondence (1950-1993);
- Coll-1364/7: papers relating to the Centre for Reproductive Biology (1970-1983);
- Coll-1364/8: press clippings (1937-1970).
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
Conditions Governing Use
Reproduction subject to usual conditions: educational use and condition of documents.
1.8 linear metres (9 'A boxes)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Existence and Location of Originals
Existence and Location of Copies
- Falconer, Douglas, 'Quantitative Genetics in Edinburgh: 1947-1980' in Perspectives: Anecdotal, Historical and Critical Commentaries on Genetics, ed.s James F. Crow and William F. Dove (Genetics Society of America, 1983), pp.137-142;
- Robertson, Forbes W., 'Genetics' in Two Hundred Years of the Biological Sciences in Scotland: Proceedings of the Royal Society of Edinburgh, 84B, (Edinburgh, 1983), pp. 211-229;
- biographical details for R.A Beatty provided to Edinburgh University Library Special Collections by Richard C. Beatty, in May 2012.
- Papers of Richard Alan Beatty, reproductive biologist, ARC Unit of Animal Genetics