Papers of Alan W. Greenwood
- academic certificates of Alan Greenwood and Janet Alison Vera Crockett;
- papers relating to the Institute of Animal Genetics, including a notebook detailing various poultry experiments, a report from the Institute (1943-1944) and various historical memoranda;
- papers relating to the Poultry Research Centre;
- reprints of journal articles and research papers;
- various lectures given by Alan Greenwood;
- photographs, including those of staff at the Poultry Research Centre.
- 19th century-1984
- Greenwood, Alan William, 1897-1981 (genetical physiologist and director of ARC Poultry Research Centre) (Person)
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
Conditions Governing Use
Reproduction subject to usual conditions: educational use and condition of documents.
1.4 linear metres (6 'A' boxes; 1 item in 'D' box; 3 outsize items)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Existence and Location of Originals
Existence and Location of Copies
- Birse, Ronald M., Science at the University of Edinburgh 1583-1993, (Edinburgh, 1994);
- Crew, F.A.E., 'The Genealogy of the Poultry Research Centre', British Poultry Science, 121, 289-295 (1971);
- Falconer, Douglas, 'Quantitative Genetics in Edinburgh: 1947-1980' in Perspectives: Anecdotal, Historical and Critical Commentaries on Genetics, ed.s James F. Crow and William F. Dove (Genetics Society of America, 1983), pp.137-142;
- Greenwood, Alan, autobiographical notes at: Coll-1057/5/3/5 and Coll-1057/3/6 (1968);
- Robertson, Forbes W., 'Genetics' in Two Hundred Years of the Biological Sciences in Scotland: Proceedings of the Royal Society of Edinburgh, 84B, (Edinburgh, 1983), pp. 211-229;
- Siller, W.G., 'Obituary Notices: Alan William Greenwood, CBE, BSc, MSc, PhD (Edin), DSc (Melb)' in the Proceedings of the Royal Society of Edinburgh, pp.35-37 (1981).
- Papers of Alan William Greenwood, genetical physiologist and director of ARC Poultry Research Centre