Papers of the Christison Family
- Professor Alexander Christison FRSE (1751-1820), Professor of Humanity at the University of Edinburgh from 1806 to his death in 1820, father of Sir Robert Christison.
- Sir Robert Christison, 1st Baronet, FRSE FRCSE FRCPE (1797-1882), toxicologist and physician, father of Sir Alexander Christison (1828-1918).
- John Christison (1789-1862), sheriff of Ayr and brother of Sir Robert Christison.
- John Christison (1832-1894), advocate, Writer to the Signet, Secretary of Edinburgh University court; and son of Sir Robert Christison.
- Sir Alexander Christison (1828-1918), Surgeon-General in North-West Provinces & Oudh, India, and son of Sir Robert Christison.
- 1785-1904; 1979
- Christison, Sir Robert, 1797-1882 (1st Baronet | Scottish toxicologist and physician) (Author, Person)
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
1 linear metre (4 archival boxes; 1 monogrammed leather case; 2 metal tubes)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script