Photograph copies of sketches by the South African artist C. Bell of African congregations
Scope and Contents
1. James Archbell, of the Wesleyan Mission to the Baralong, in his pulpit at Thama Nchu in 1834 (Archbell produced the first Sechuana grammar).
2. William Edwards, of the London Missionary Society at Lishuane in 1834
3. "Mr. Kolbe" - a moravian missionary?- at Philippolis in 1834.
4. Jean-Pierre Pellissier, of the Paris Mission to the Basotho at Verhuil, c. 1834
5. Service at Ebenzer, Elephants River, in 1840.
- Bell, Charles Davidson, 1813–1882 (Surveyor-General in the Cape Colony | Artist, Heraldist) (Person)
- Language of description
- Script of description