Skip to main content

Knoll Maternity Hospital

 Fonds
Identifier: LHB20

Scope and Contents

Financial records 1948

Dates

  • 1948

Language of Materials

English.

Conditions Governing Access

Normal 30 year Scottish closure rules apply

Biographical / Historical

Originally run by the Berwickshire Nursing Association and in existence by 1938, Knoll served as a maternity home and centre for district nurses in the Eastern part of Berwickshire. In 1948 it became part of the Board of Management of East Lothian Hospitals under the South Eastern Regional Hospital Board. In 1955 it was transferred to the Board of Management of Borders Hospitals. Knoll remains open today as a GP and Acute Rehabilitation and Continuing Care Hospital.

Extent

1 item: bound volume

Arrangement

Chronological within record class

Other Finding Aids

Manual item-level descriptive list available

Custodial History

Records held within the National Health Service prior to transfer

Immediate Source of Acquisition

Robert Wilson, Administrator, East Lothian Hospitals, October 1983

Accruals

No further accessions are expected

Related Materials

East Lothian Hospitals Board of Management (LHB17)
Title
Knoll Maternity Hospital

Repository Details

Part of the Lothian Health Services Archive Repository

Contact:
Centre for Research Collections
Edinburgh University Library
George Square
Edinburgh EH8 9LJ Scotland
+44 (0)131 650 3392