Skip to main content

Edinburgh Southern Hospitals Board of Management

 Fonds
Identifier: LHB9

Scope and Contents

Board of Management minutes 1948-1976; Finance Committee minutes 1948-1974; Finance Committee (endowments) minutes 1953-1974; Board of Management (endowments) minutes 1953-1974; Association of Secretaries and Treasurers of Scottish Hospital Boards of Management 1966-1974

Dates

  • 1948-1976

Language of Materials

English.

Conditions Governing Access

Normal 30 year Scottish closure rules apply

Biographical / Historical

Set up as a result of the NHS (Scotland) Act of 1947 under the control of the South Eastern Regional Hospital Board and operated until the reorganisation of the NHS in 1974. The following were included: Bruntsfield Hospital; Deaconess Hospital; Elsie Inglis Hospital; Liberton Hospital and Longmore Hospital. From 1974 these formed part of the South Lothian District of Lothian Health Board.

Extent

0.75 shelf metres: papers

Arrangement

Chronological within record class

Other Finding Aids

Manual item-level descriptive list available

Custodial History

Records held within the National Health Service prior to transfer

Immediate Source of Acquisition

Miss Seddon, Astley Ainslie, Canaan Park, December 1982

Accruals

No further accessions are expected

Related Materials

Lothian Health Board (LHB37)South Eastern Regional Hospital Board (LHB38).South Lothian District, Lothian Health Board (LHB28)
Title
Edinburgh Southern Hospitals Board of Management

Repository Details

Part of the Lothian Health Services Archive Repository

Contact:
Centre for Research Collections
Edinburgh University Library
George Square
Edinburgh EH8 9LJ Scotland
+44 (0)131 650 3392