Skip to main content

Alderston Convalescent Home

 Fonds
Identifier: LHB19

Scope and Contents

Admissions registers 1939-1956; wages records 1948

Dates

  • 1939-1956

Language of Materials

English.

Conditions Governing Access

Normal 30 year and 75 year Scottish closure rules apply

Biographical / Historical

Founded by the Scottish Rural Workers Friendly Society to serve its members throughout Scotland and in existence by 1930. In 1948 it became part of the Board of Management of East Lothian Hospitals and in 1956 it was turned into a nurses' home.

Extent

2 items: bound volumes

Arrangement

Chronological within record class

Other Finding Aids

Manual item-level descriptive list available

Custodial History

Records held within the National Health Service prior to transfer

Immediate Source of Acquisition

Robert Wilson, Administrator, East Lothian Hospitals, October 1983

Accruals

No further accessions are expected

Related Materials

East Lothian Hospitals Board of Management (LHB17)North Lothian District, Lothian Health Board (LHB27)
Title
Alderston Convalescent Home

Repository Details

Part of the Lothian Health Services Archive Repository

Contact:
Centre for Research Collections
Edinburgh University Library
George Square
Edinburgh EH8 9LJ Scotland
+44 (0)131 650 3392