Skip to main content

Hospital for Diseases of Women Edinburgh

 Fonds
Identifier: LHB31

Scope and Contents

Management Committee minutes 1909-47; annual reports 1910-40; administration 1929-48

Dates

  • 1909-1948

Language of Materials

English.

Conditions Governing Access

Normal 30 year Scottish closure rules apply

Biographical / Historical

Opened in 1910 to provide gynaecological treatment for women of moderate means. In 1948 it became part of the Board of Management for Edinburgh Central Hospitals. In 1951 it was amalgamated with Chalmers Hospital and used as an annexe for gynaecological, paediatric and ear nose and throat cases. The original building in Archibald Place was closed in 1968 and demolished the same year.

Extent

2 items: bound volumes, papers

Arrangement

Chronological within record class

Other Finding Aids

Manual item-level descriptive list available

Custodial History

Records held within the National Health Service prior to transfer

Immediate Source of Acquisition

Alexander McWatt Green, Edinburgh, June 1980

Accruals

No further accessions are expected

Related Materials

Chalmers Hospital (LHB4)Edinburgh Central Hospitals Board of Management (LHB29)
Title
Hospital for Diseases of Women Edinburgh

Repository Details

Part of the Lothian Health Services Archive Repository

Contact:
Centre for Research Collections
Edinburgh University Library
George Square
Edinburgh EH8 9LJ Scotland
+44 (0)131 650 3392