Scope and Contents
The collection is composed of: letters from various correspondents to Lusk in connection with proposal to establish a congregation of the Presbyterian Church of England at Oxford, 1929; other letters and material relating to proposal for forming a permanent congregation at St. Columba's, Oxford, for Presbyterians coming to live and work in Oxford; letters from Lady Dorothy Haig, 1921-1929; various printed materials on St. Columba's, Oxford, including historical outline, history of the Chapel and its architecture; orders of service, newsletter, terminal cards, miscellaneous stationery from St. Columba's, Oxford; list of members and adherents, St. Columba's, elders' districts, and annual reports, 1915-1934; addresses, including one by Lady Haig; and, material relating to petition by the Ferguson Bequest Fund, 1896-1898.
Language of Materials
16 letters (approx), 1 folder letters, 4 folders, miscellaneous envelopes, 2 boxes, miscellaneous printed items. Access to records in a fragile condition may be restricted.
Conditions Governing Access
Generally open for consultation to bona fide researchers, but please contact repository for details in advance.
Biographical / Historical
David Colville Lusk was born in 1881. He was Chaplain to Presbyterian members of Oxford University, 1914-1933, and Minister of West Coates Church, Edinburgh, 1933-1946. The Rev. David Colville Lusk died in 1960.
16 letters (approx), 1 folder letters, 4 folders, miscellaneous envelopes, 2 boxes, miscellaneous printed items.