Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Collection of 65 Scottish charters and other documents, from 1402 to 1699, in Latin and Scots, some with seals
Scope and Contents The collection of 65 Scottish charters and documents, on vellum and paper, is composed of the following: Charter between Alexander, Abbot of Scone, entirely in Early Scots, on vellum, dated 21 August 1402, 270mm. by 160mm., with the suspended complete wax seal of Katherine Paxton. Charter of Robert Logy, burgess of Perth, to Andrew Charters, of lands in Perth, in Latin, on vellum, dated 4 June...
Scope and Contents The facsimile charters are loose and are numbered at rear from 1 to 288. A few are missing, and these are, nos: 37, 50, 89, 110-111, 136-137, 151, 211, and 233.
Fonds — Box: CLX-A-1264
Scope and Contents 1 x letter - from Henderson, on School of Scottish Studies headed paper, to Sharp - 15 July 1973 - Content on: having 'fractured my elbow a month ago'; plans to go 'up to Aberdeenshire today to do some recording'; and, possible meeting with Sharp 'on Saturday or Sunday' and 'the Staff Club for a drink'. 1 x letter - from Henderson, on School of Scottish Studies headed paper, to Sharp - 26 July 1973...
Scope and Contents The papers of Hamish Henderson consist of letters, journals, article off-prints, newsletters, notebooks, printed work, miscellaneous ephemera and photographs, books, School of Scottish Studies material, along with fragments of poems and songs, some unpublished. There are also articles, scripts and essays which had been sent by others to Henderson. Henderson's correspondents include many of the 20th century's leading folk singers, musicians, and scholars, political figures and...
- Charters 2
- Folklorists 2
- Intellectuals 2
- Latin Language 2
- Legal Documents 2
- Lyricists 2
- Poets 2
- Scottish literature | 20th century 2
- Scottish poetry -- 20th century 2
- History, 15th century (Scotland) 1
- History, 17th Century (Scotland) 1
- Scotland -- History 1 ∧ less
- Hamish Henderson Archive Trust 2
- Henderson, Hamish Scott, 1919-2002 (folklorist, poet, songwriter, soldier, intellectual) 2
- Fraser, William, Sir, 1816-1898 (solicitor, historian, palaeographer, and genealogist) 1
- Sharp, Michael, b 1947 (poet; teacher at University of Puerto Rico) 1