Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Papers of George Firth relating to his published work on Donald Tovey
Scope and Contents The collection is composed of a typed draft, other drafts, a spiral bound copy of Donald Francis Tovey a portrait of a great man and a loose-leaf copy. There is also correspondence, transcriptions and copies of correspondence, scripts, notes, talks, programmes, photographs, and ephemera.
The Tovey Collection
Scope and Contents The papers include a wide range of material ranging from notes and drafts of lectures to accounts and administrative material, drafts of broadcasts to photographs and diaries, and cuttings and reviews. There is also correspondence between Tovey and Weisse, Tovey and Joachim, and Tovey and Speyer. There are also other miscellaneous papers and material.Alongside Tovey's own papers are those of his biographer Mary Grierson, who appears to have added to the original collection while using it...
Dates: Majority of material found within 1887-1977
- Composers 1
- Music History and criticism 1
- Music | 19th century | 1
- Firth, George, 1901-1983 (scientist, professional singer, teacher, choral and orchestral conductor, lecturer, administrator and author) 1
- Grierson, Mary Gardner (pianist and conductor) 1
- Newman, Sidney Thomas Mayow (Reid Professor of Music, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Tovey, Sir Donald Francis, 1875-1940 (Reid Professor of Music, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Weisse, Sophie, 1852-1945 (Scottish music teacher) 1