Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Fonds — translation missing: en.enumerations.container_type.container: EUA GD60
Identifier: EUA GD60
Scope and Contents Small volume containing lists of scholars (students), their masters (surgeons who they were apprenticed to) and fees paid. In addition there are some details of boarders (1722-1736). Folded inside the volume is a copy letter of 28 June 1945 from the donor, James Watt WS, to Lord Amulree, sent to Univerity Librarian, Lauriston William Sharp.
Fonds — Box: Dk.6.24
Scope and Contents The papers of Professor Brash consist of material on the history of anatomy and on the three Monros (Alexander Monro, primus; Alexander Monro, secundus; Alexander Monro, tertius), miscellaneous papers and photographs. There are notes, notebooks, and printed material.
Dates: circa 1930-1950
Scope and Contents Notes of lectures on clinical medicine given by Prof. John Rutherford, 1755-1756, and notes of lectures on anatomy given by Alexander Monro primus, circa 1752-1755, taken by J. Cabbell.
Dates: c 1752-1756
- Anatomy 2
- Anatomists 1
- Classes (Groups of Students) 1
- Medical students 1
- Medicine | History | 1
- English 2
- English 1
- Brash, James Couper, 1886-1958, Professor of Anatomy at Edinburgh University 1
- Cabbell, J, fl 1750s (medical student, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Mackenzie, Basil William Sholto, 2nd Baron Amulree, 1900-1983 (physician) 1
- Monro, Alexander, 1733-1817 ("Secundus", Professor of anatomy, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Monro, Alexander, 1773-1859 ("Tertius", Professor of Anatomy, University of Edinburgh) 1