Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Scope and Contents The collection is composed of 5 (lacquer) acetate 78 rpm records containing a recording of a lecture on University teaching given by Godfrey H. Thomson in 1950.
Scope and Contents The collection includes: - school leaving certificate, Higher Education, Beath Secondary School, Fife, dated 1934, and noting subjects of English (Higher), Mathematics (Lower), Latin (Higher), French (Higher), and Art (Lower), and noting that Dickson continued at school for a further year till 1935. - pass certificate, English, University of Edinburgh, June 1936 - pass...
Fonds — Box: CLX-A-1182
Scope and Contents The collection of material relating to life at University for Alan Owen and Anne Hyslop Gemmell is composed of: Cowan House, Hall of Residence for Men - Owen admitted 1939 - documents relating to Cowan House residency Inclusive Fee Regulation cards, General Council registration, and class cards for varied subjects between 1939-1948 - documents relating to both Owen and Anne Hyslop Gemmell ...
Scope and Contents Twelfth International Congress of Pyschology programme, 1948; Twelfth International Confress of Psychology notes and provisional timetable of papers, 1948; Proceedings and papers of the Twelfth International Congress of Psychology, 1948; Short Letter to Cooke from Thomson regarding a diagram he asked her to duplicate, with the accompanying diagrams/graphs drawn by...
Scope and Contents The material is composed of:
- Publications, 1903-1980;
- University of Edinburgh examination papers, 1919-1920
- Thesis titles, 1949-1958;
- Correspondence, 1961-1969;
- Unpublished material, 1961-1964;
- List of Bachelors of Education, 1966-1976.
Scope and Contents Letters relating to Pilliner's appointment, April 1949; Ph.D. thesis, University of Edinburgh, 1965; Publications authored by Pilliner, 1958-1978; Publications collected by Pilliner, 1968-2003; Report to UNESCO, 1961 Reports to the British Council, 1964-1983; Material regarding the Godfrey Thomson unit,...
- Educational tests and measurements 2
- Lectures and Lecturing 2
- Students 2
- Calculators 1
- Education 1
- Education research 1
- English teachers | Training of 1
- Graduation Ceremonies 1
- Sound recordings 1
- Teaching 1 ∧ less
- Moray House College of Education (1959-1991) 5
- Godfrey Thomson Unit for Educational Research 3
- Thomson, Godfrey Hilton, Sir, 1881-1955 (psychologist and Bell Professor of Education, University of Edinburgh) 3
- Bell, Robert E, fl. 1960-1976 (lecturer, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Cooke, Marian, fl. 1946-1970 (secretary, Moray House College of Education) 1
- Cowan House (student hall of residence) 1
- Dickson, Jane Potter Deas, 1917-2002 (Teacher) 1
- Edinburgh Provincial Training Centre (1907-1959) 1
- Emmett, William B, fl mid 20th century (psychologist) 1
- Gemmell, Anne Hyslop, b. 1923 (student at Edinburgh University) 1
- McFarland, Henry Stewart Noel, 1924-1973 (educationist) 1
- Owen, Alan, fl. 1939-1948 (student at Edinburgh University) 1
- Pilliner, Albert E G, 1909-2003 (lecturer and educational researcher, Moray House College of Education) 1
- University of Edinburgh. Godfrey Thomson Unit for Educational Research 1 ∧ less