Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Scope and Contents An index at the beginning of this substantial volume of clinical case notes lists 28 women and 31 men with their symptoms and treatment recorded in manuscript notes over more than 600 pages. The manuscript offers much information on the methods of these two leading 18th century Scottish physicians.
Scope and Contents This volume of notes is based on Monro's surgical lectures at Edinburgh Medical School, 1774-1775. The manuscript lectures are sub-headed Lectures 1-13 and are in two distinct hands - the first two lectures in one, and the rest in another. The paper is watermarked with a crown and the initials GR, undated, but this L.V.Gerrevink paper commonly used throughout much of the 18th century. Both hands are clear and legible, with just a few corrections, and occasional additions written on the verso of...
Papers of Jacobus Louw Potter FRCP FACP Executive Dean Faculty of Medicine, New York University School of Medicine, and Dr Elizabeth Mackay Potter
Scope and Contents The Papers of Jacobus Louw Potter, and of Dr Elizabeth Mackay Potter, are comprised of:Box 1: 1 x folder - correspondence, 1981-1987 1 x folder - correspondence, contracts and other material relating to film And so goodbye, 2003-2004 1 x folder - graduation material, programmes, seating plans, dinner menus etc - 1981-1987 2 x folders - collection of...
- Medicine 2
- Anatomy 1
- Degrees, Academic 1
- Medical students 1
- Professional Recognition 1
- Gregory, James, 1753-1821 (professor of medicine, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Monro, Alexander, 1733-1817 ("Secundus", Professor of anatomy, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Potter (née Ross), Elizabeth Mackay, Dr., 1924-1979 (physician) 1
- Potter, Jacobus Louw, Dr. (physician, scientist) 1
- Rutherford, Daniel, 1749-1819 (physician and botanist) 1