Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Fonds — Multiple Containers
Scope and Contents This collection consists of miscellaneous undergraduate materials from 1978-82 belonging to Magnus Grimond, relating to his studies in law and history. Grimond studied at Edinburgh University between 1978 and 1982, although 1980/81 was spent at the University of Pennsylvania. Scots Law 1, 1978-79: course summary, reading and lecture notes and essays. Scottish Legal System, 1978-79, &...
Scope and Contents The papers of Evan Whyte Melville Balfour-Melville reflect his academic, public, and private interests. There are many bundles of notes both in manuscript and typescript; notebooks; and, correspondence. There are Edinburgh University examination papers; Heriot-Watt Minutes from the 1960s; and, Edinburgh Corporation Education Committee Minutes from the 1960s. The papers also include census material; records of persons placed on probation; material relating to the Historical Association of...
Dates: circa 1910-1962
- History 1
- History | Study and teaching 1
- Law -- Study and Teaching 1
- Lectures and Lecturing 1
- Minutes 1
- Balfour-Melville, Evan Whyte Melville, 1887-1963 (Senior lecturer in history, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Grimond, Magnus, fl 1970s-2010s (Edinburgh University alumnus) 1
- Heriot-Watt College (1885-1966) 1
- James I, 1394-1437 (King of Scotland) 1
- The Scottish History Society (1886-) 1