Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Notes of lectures given by Alexander Monro (secundus), taken down by unknown person(s)
Scope and Contents This volume of notes is based on Monro's surgical lectures at Edinburgh Medical School, 1774-1775. The manuscript lectures are sub-headed Lectures 1-13 and are in two distinct hands - the first two lectures in one, and the rest in another. The paper is watermarked with a crown and the initials GR, undated, but this L.V.Gerrevink paper commonly used throughout much of the 18th century. Both hands are clear and legible, with just a few corrections, and occasional additions written on the verso of...
Notes of lectures given by Dr. E. B. Jamieson
Fonds — Box: CLX-A-999
Scope and Contents The collection consists of two volumes of manuscript notes from the classes of 'Regional Anatomy', 1934-1935, and numbered Volume II and Volume III:
- - Volume II is concerned with the 'Thorax and brain'
- - Volume III is concerned with the 'Head and neck'
Papers of Joseph Black and family
Scope and Contents 5 boxes of correspondence between himself and a variety of individuals (including James Watt, Prince Paul Dashkov, John Robison) and on a variety of subjects: linen bleaching, use of lime water, assays of ores, civic water supply, mineralogical specimens, absorption of heat etc 1 box of family letters between Black, his father and his brothers Samuel, George and Thomas ...
Three medical notebooks, two of which relate to Alexander Woodcock fl. 1833-1845
Scope and Contents The Alexander Woodcock notebooks contain: Lectures on Anatomy and Physiology - Alexander Jardine Lizar - notebook noted 5 November 1833 Lectures on Chemistry - Doctor Hope - 11 July 1845 A third volume contains: Notes from 1 September 1843 - 20 July 1844 - Patient cases ...
- Student notes 3
- Chemistry 2
- Medicine 2
- Physiology 2
- Calorimeters 1
- Calorimetry 1
- Carbon Dioxide 1
- Medical students 1
- Natural History 1
- Physicians 1
- Students 1
- Surgery 1
- Temperature Measurements 1
- Thermodynamics 1 ∧ less
- Monro, Alexander, 1733-1817 ("Secundus", Professor of anatomy, University of Edinburgh) 2
- Alston, Charles, 1683-1760 (physician and botanist) 1
- Black, Joseph, 1728-1799 (professor of chemistry, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Cowe, William Rolland Scott, 1915-1987 (surgeon and physician) 1
- Cullen, William, 1710-1790 (chemist and mettalurgist) 1
- Jamieson, Edward Bald, fl 1900 (Lecturer in Anatomy, Edinburgh University) 1
- Lavoisier, Antoine Laurent, 1743-1794 (French chemist) 1
- Robison, John, 1739-1805 (professor of natural philosophy, University of Edinburgh) 1
- University of Glasgow (Scottish University)) 1
- Watt, James, 1736-1819 (engineer) 1
- Whytt, Robert, 1714-1766 (professor of theory of medicine, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Woodcock, Alexander, fl. 1832-1846 (student at Edinburgh University) 1 ∧ less