Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Notes of lectures given by Alexander Monro (secundus), taken down by unknown person(s)
Scope and Contents This volume of notes is based on Monro's surgical lectures at Edinburgh Medical School, 1774-1775. The manuscript lectures are sub-headed Lectures 1-13 and are in two distinct hands - the first two lectures in one, and the rest in another. The paper is watermarked with a crown and the initials GR, undated, but this L.V.Gerrevink paper commonly used throughout much of the 18th century. Both hands are clear and legible, with just a few corrections, and occasional additions written on the verso of...
Notes of lectures given by Dr. E. B. Jamieson
Fonds — Box: CLX-A-999
Scope and Contents The collection consists of two volumes of manuscript notes from the classes of 'Regional Anatomy', 1934-1935, and numbered Volume II and Volume III:
- - Volume II is concerned with the 'Thorax and brain'
- - Volume III is concerned with the 'Head and neck'
Three medical notebooks, two of which relate to Alexander Woodcock fl. 1833-1845
Scope and Contents The Alexander Woodcock notebooks contain: Lectures on Anatomy and Physiology - Alexander Jardine Lizar - notebook noted 5 November 1833 Lectures on Chemistry - Doctor Hope - 11 July 1845 A third volume contains: Notes from 1 September 1843 - 20 July 1844 - Patient cases ...
- Chemistry 1
- Medical students 1
- Medicine 1
- Physicians 1
- Physiology 1
- Cowe, William Rolland Scott, 1915-1987 (surgeon and physician) 1
- Jamieson, Edward Bald, fl 1900 (Lecturer in Anatomy, Edinburgh University) 1
- Monro, Alexander, 1733-1817 ("Secundus", Professor of anatomy, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Woodcock, Alexander, fl. 1832-1846 (student at Edinburgh University) 1