Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Abstract of Journal of William Henry Playfair
Fonds — Volume: Dc.3.73
Content Description The volume is concerned mainly with affairs connected with the building of the University of Edinburgh, 1817-1822. It also lists details of income and expenditure during the period and, refers to other projects, clients etc.Playfair's opening paragraph describes this as an abstract of a journal of "the principal transactions and events of my life, chiefly in order to prevent doubt and confusion in matters of business."The volume mentions Playfair taking occupancy of the Mathematics...
Diaries of Dr. S. W. Carruthers
Scope and Contents The collection is composed of notes and news cuttings at Dc.2.76/17, a dissertation at Gen. 1931, and three manuscript diaries at E2008.14. The material at Dc.2.76/17 consists of a notebook (circa 17 pages) with notes accompanying several newspaper cuttings on various University activities. The front cover is noted 'Edinburgh University / Various Student Activities / 1887-1888'. It contains clippings relating to: the Rectorial Elections 1887 and 1888 and from theScottish Leader28...
- Accounts 1
- Medicine 1
- Students 1
- Carruthers, Dr., Samuel William, 1866-1962 (Doctor; Anaesthetist) 1
- Macpherson, James (Principal Clerk to William Henry Playfair (1817)) 1
- Playfair, John, 1748-1819 (scientist, mathematician, and professor of natural philosophy, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Playfair, William Henry, 1790-1857 (architect) 1
- Royal Medical Society (Edinburgh, Scotland) 1