Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Scope and Contents This volume of notes is based on Monro's surgical lectures at Edinburgh Medical School, 1774-1775. The manuscript lectures are sub-headed Lectures 1-13 and are in two distinct hands - the first two lectures in one, and the rest in another. The paper is watermarked with a crown and the initials GR, undated, but this L.V.Gerrevink paper commonly used throughout much of the 18th century. Both hands are clear and legible, with just a few corrections, and occasional additions written on the verso of...
Fonds — Box: CLX-A-999
Scope and Contents The collection consists of two volumes of manuscript notes from the classes of 'Regional Anatomy', 1934-1935, and numbered Volume II and Volume III:
- - Volume II is concerned with the 'Thorax and brain'
- - Volume III is concerned with the 'Head and neck'
Scope and Contents The Alexander Woodcock notebooks contain: Lectures on Anatomy and Physiology - Alexander Jardine Lizar - notebook noted 5 November 1833 Lectures on Chemistry - Doctor Hope - 11 July 1845 A third volume contains: Notes from 1 September 1843 - 20 July 1844 - Patient cases ...
- Chemistry 1
- Medical students 1
- Medicine 1
- Physicians 1
- Physiology 1
- Cowe, William Rolland Scott, 1915-1987 (surgeon and physician) 1
- Jamieson, Edward Bald, fl 1900 (Lecturer in Anatomy, Edinburgh University) 1
- Monro, Alexander, 1733-1817 ("Secundus", Professor of anatomy, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Woodcock, Alexander, fl. 1832-1846 (student at Edinburgh University) 1