Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Scope and Contents The collection is composed of 5 (lacquer) acetate 78 rpm records containing a recording of a lecture on University teaching given by Godfrey H. Thomson in 1950.
Scope and Contents The content of the 1st and 2nd year engineering note-books (laboratory books) of Dr. Russell A. Leather reflect the wide approach in studies which covered mechanical devices, steel structures and electrical technology. The books include graphwork, drawings, and photographs of late-1940s laboratory equipment at Kings Buildings (1948-1949). Photographs feature the 'Riehle' testing machine', the 'Adie' cement testing machine, a torsion testing machine, the 'Ambler' compression machine, the 'Olsen'...
Scope and Contents The collection at E2006.44 contains lecture notes taken while Sutherland attended Edinburgh University in the late-1940s and early-1950s. The material includes: - Minute Book of the Dining Club - Lecture notes on Evidence and Pleading - Lecture notes on Political Science - Lecture notes on Conveyancing, International Private Law - Lecture notes...
Scope and Contents On a title page of one of the two volumes the contents are stated as being notes of Edinburgh University, Rhetoric and English Literature 1878-1879, Historical Course, Wednesdays and Thursdays. The name of James Malloch appears there too. Similar information appears on a title page of the second volume. These contents are stated as being notes of Edinburgh University, Rhetoric and English Literature 1878-1879, Theoretical Course, Mondays and Tuesdays. This volume shows the name, James Malloch....
Scope and Contents Twelfth International Congress of Pyschology programme, 1948; Twelfth International Confress of Psychology notes and provisional timetable of papers, 1948; Proceedings and papers of the Twelfth International Congress of Psychology, 1948; Short Letter to Cooke from Thomson regarding a diagram he asked her to duplicate, with the accompanying diagrams/graphs drawn by...
Scope and Contents The papers of Evan Whyte Melville Balfour-Melville reflect his academic, public, and private interests. There are many bundles of notes both in manuscript and typescript; notebooks; and, correspondence. There are Edinburgh University examination papers; Heriot-Watt Minutes from the 1960s; and, Edinburgh Corporation Education Committee Minutes from the 1960s. The papers also include census material; records of persons placed on probation; material relating to the Historical Association of...
Dates: circa 1910-1962
Fonds — Multiple Containers
Scope and Contents This collection consists of lecture courses, single lectures and notes (some revised and published later) delivered in the University of Edinburgh, or in its name elsewhere, by Professor Peter Jones FRSE, as Lecturer, Reader and Professor of Philosophy between 1964 and 1998, and as Emeritus Professor from 1998 onwards - including his unpublished Inaugural Lecture (1986) and Gifford Lectures (1995).Subjects of the lectures include, but are not limited to: Philosophy and Literature, Moral...
Dates: 1964-1999; 2015
- Teachers, Training of 2
- Aesthetics 1
- Architecture and philosophy 1
- Education 1
- Education research 1
- Educational tests and measurements 1
- Electrical engineering 1
- Engineering 1
- Engines 1
- English literature 1
- Ethics 1
- Examination Papers 1
- Heat 1
- History 1
- Law 1
- Lecturers 1
- Metaphysics 1
- Minutes 1
- Philosophy 1
- Political economy | 1
- Rhetoric 1
- Sound recordings 1
- Student lecture notes 1
- Student notes 1
- Teaching 1 ∧ less
- English 6
- English 1
- Godfrey Thomson Unit for Educational Research 2
- Moray House College of Education (1959-1991) 2
- Balfour-Melville, Evan Whyte Melville, 1887-1963 (Senior lecturer in history, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Cooke, Marian, fl. 1946-1970 (secretary, Moray House College of Education) 1
- Heriot-Watt College (1885-1966) 1
- Hume, David, 1711-1776 (Scottish Philosopher) 1
- James I, 1394-1437 (King of Scotland) 1
- Jones, Peter Howard, fl 1964-1999 (Professor of Philosophy, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Leather, Russell A., Dr., b. 1924 (electrical engineer, former Chair of Gannochy Trust) 1
- Malloch, James, fl. 1878-1879 1
- Masson, David Mather, 1822-1907 (Regius Professor of Rhetoric and Belles Lettres, Edinburgh University) 1
- McFarland, Henry Stewart Noel, 1924-1973 (educationist) 1
- Sutherland, Robert, b. 1926 (Writer to the Signet, Notary Public) 1
- The Scottish History Society (1886-) 1
- Thomson, Godfrey Hilton, Sir, 1881-1955 (psychologist and Bell Professor of Education, University of Edinburgh) 1 ∧ less