Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Scope and Contents Interview with then Prime Minister of Tanzania, Julius Nyerere, by an unknown student. It runs for approximately 20 minutes. The intyerview itself runs for just over 7 minutes and focuses on education. The remainder comprises silent footage taken at various locations.
Fonds — Box: CLX-A-390
Content Description This small fonds consists of the papers, portrait, and medals of Dr James Robert Stott, OBE, World War I Captain and graduate in medicine from the University of Edinburgh. It includes: Four First World War medals in a "Ernest Jones" box: The British Military Medal, The Victory Medal (Great Britain), an OBE Officer Badge, Military Division, and a tripartite medal with smaller versions of the three medals. ...
Dates: Majority of material found within 1914-1919; 1954
Fonds — n/a: Gen.2133, Folder: Gen.2133/8
Scope and Contents Letter from Sir Sydney Smith to Dr Sachi Kumar Chatterji, 21 March 1949. Letter from Sir Sydney Smith to Dr Sachi Kumar Chatterji, 2 October 1952. B&W photograph of Dr Sachi Kumar Chatterji with Sir Sydney Smith and 3 others, in the laboratory of the Forensic Department of the University of Edinburgh (n.d.). Letter from Mr Sunrit Mullick to Mr W. V. Stevens,...
Dates: 1949 -1982
Fonds — Multiple Containers
Content Description This fonds consists of theatre programmes and other ephemera relating to plays taken part in or seen by Philip de Grouchy whilst studying at the University of Edinburgh from 1959 to 1963, and after. The material is arranged in nine "volumes": Vols I and II: Programmes of plays presented by Edinburgh University Dramatic Society (hereafter E.U.D.S.or "Dramsoc") in which Philip de Grouchy took part or directed,...
Fonds — translation missing: en.enumerations.container_type.container: Phot.Ill.125
Scope and Contents 11 Photographs of Frances Helen Simson M. A. LL. D. (1854-1838) first woman M. A. in Scotland. Includes photographs of relatives and of Frances when she was young.
Dates: 19th-20th century
- Edinburgh Festival Fringe Society 1
- Medical students | Scotland | 1
- Military decorations 1
- Obituaries 1
- Opera 1
- Photographs 1
- Portraits 1
- Posters 1
- Programmes 1
- Student activities | Edinburgh (Scotland) 1
- Tanzania 1
- Theatre 1
- University of Edinburgh -- Group photograph 1
- University of Edinburgh -- students 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Medals 1 ∧ less
- Chatterji, Sachi Kumar (medic; University of Edinburgh alumnus) 1
- Edinburgh University Dramatic Society 1
- Grouchy, Philip de, b 1940 (Edinburgh University alumnus; teacher) 1
- Moon, Brenda Elizabeth (University of Edinburgh Librarian) 1
- Nyerere, Julius Kambarage, 1922-1999 (President of Tanzania) 1
- Simson, Frances Helen, 1854-1938 (Scottish suffragist) 1
- Smith, Sydney Alfred, Sir, 1883-1969 (Professor of Forensic Medicine and Dean of the Faculty of Medicine, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Stevens, William Victor, 1900-1987 (President of the University of Edinburgh Graduates' Association) 1
- Stott, James Robert, c 1881-1954 (physician and World War I veteran) 1
- University of Edinburgh. Communications and Marketing 1 ∧ less