Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 18
Scope and Contents The collection is composed of 5 (lacquer) acetate 78 rpm records containing a recording of a lecture on University teaching given by Godfrey H. Thomson in 1950.
Scope and Contents The collection is composed of:
- University of Glasgow / Cramb Lectures / 1963 / by Henry Havergal. 'Donald Francis Tovey' I, Musician and teacher, pp.21
- University of Glasgow / Cramb Lectures / 1963 / by Henry Havergal. 'Donald Francis Tovey' II, Musician and teacher, pp.23
Scope and Contents Manuscript notes in three separate notebooks. One notebook has 'Costain and Watson. Vol.II from 1865' written in ink at the top of the front cover. The first page has notes entitled 'Exchequer and Audit Depts Act of 1865', and the next notes are entitled 'Ballot Act 1872'. Another notebook has 'Newcastle's Electioneering' written in ink at the top of the front cover, with the first page having notes entitled 'Essay on Cromwell's Principles of Gov' followed by lists of names - probably local...
Scope and Contents The content of the 1st and 2nd year engineering note-books (laboratory books) of Dr. Russell A. Leather reflect the wide approach in studies which covered mechanical devices, steel structures and electrical technology. The books include graphwork, drawings, and photographs of late-1940s laboratory equipment at Kings Buildings (1948-1949). Photographs feature the 'Riehle' testing machine', the 'Adie' cement testing machine, a torsion testing machine, the 'Ambler' compression machine, the 'Olsen'...
Scope and Contents The Papers of John Macmurray contain manuscripts and typescripts of works; transcripts and offprints; lectures and lecture notes, sermons and addresses; exercise books, note books, and loose pages; material in binders and folders.
Click HERE to see a detailed handlist.
Click HERE to see a detailed handlist.
Scope and Contents The collection at E2006.44 contains lecture notes taken while Sutherland attended Edinburgh University in the late-1940s and early-1950s. The material includes: - Minute Book of the Dining Club - Lecture notes on Evidence and Pleading - Lecture notes on Political Science - Lecture notes on Conveyancing, International Private Law - Lecture notes...
Scope and Contents On a title page of one of the two volumes the contents are stated as being notes of Edinburgh University, Rhetoric and English Literature 1878-1879, Historical Course, Wednesdays and Thursdays. The name of James Malloch appears there too. Similar information appears on a title page of the second volume. These contents are stated as being notes of Edinburgh University, Rhetoric and English Literature 1878-1879, Theoretical Course, Mondays and Tuesdays. This volume shows the name, James Malloch....
Fonds — translation missing: en.enumerations.container_type.container: CLX-A-1582
Content Description This collection contains two sets of material:1. Letters to Dr. Lonsdale, of Rosehill, Carlisle, and addressed variously to: Cumberland Infirmary; Marine Crescent, Waterloo, Liverpool; Playhouse Yard, Thomas Street, Scarbro'; and, Teviot Row, Edinburgh. The letters show that he was assembling information with a view to overseeing a biography of his mentor, John Reid. The collection of letters contains material which would have formed the core of such a work which never came to...
Scope and Contents Twelfth International Congress of Pyschology programme, 1948; Twelfth International Confress of Psychology notes and provisional timetable of papers, 1948; Proceedings and papers of the Twelfth International Congress of Psychology, 1948; Short Letter to Cooke from Thomson regarding a diagram he asked her to duplicate, with the accompanying diagrams/graphs drawn by...
Fonds — translation missing: en.enumerations.container_type.container: CLX-A-351
Scope and Contents Three volumes of notes on Dr. Joseph Black's lectures on chemistry. The full title is: 'Notes of Dr. Black's Philosophical Lectures on Chemistry, Corrected and enlarged by the joint labor of George Buchan Hepburn and Alexander Law, advocates'. Manuscript, in a neat and legible hand, of notes of Black's course of 57 lectures on chemistry delivered from 13th June to 22nd December 1775.
- Lectures and Lecturing 14
- Lectures 4
- Anatomy 3
- Student lecture notes 3
- English literature 2
- Ethics 2
- Law 2
- Lecturers 2
- Philosophy 2
- Rhetoric 2
- Student notes 2
- Teachers, Training of 2
- Aesthetics 1
- Architecture and philosophy 1
- Biological warfare 1
- Chemical warfare 1
- Chemistry 1
- Church History 1
- Classical Literature 1
- Education 1
- Education research 1
- Educational tests and measurements 1
- Electrical engineering 1
- Engineering 1
- Engines 1
- English literature | 20th century 1
- Experiments 1
- Great Britain | History | 18th century 1
- Great Britain | History | 19th century 1
- Great Britain | History | 20th century 1
- Heat 1
- Law (Scotland) 1
- Medicine | History | 1
- Medicine | Research | 1
- Metaphysics 1
- Notebooks 1
- Nuclear disarmament 1
- Pharmacology 1
- Physicians 1
- Political activists -- Scotland 1
- Political economy | 1
- Sermons 1
- Sound recordings 1
- Surgeons 1
- Surgery 1
- Teaching 1
- Weapons of mass destruction 1 ∧ less
- University of Edinburgh (Scottish University) 6
- Godfrey Thomson Unit for Educational Research 2
- Moray House College of Education (1959-1991) 2
- Bickersteth, Robert (surgeon at Liverpool Royal Infirmary) 1
- Black, Joseph, 1728-1799 (professor of chemistry, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Bogle, Very Reverend, Andrew Nisbet, 1868-1957 (Minister; Ex-Moderator of the General Assembly of the Church of Scotland) 1
- Brown, R (student, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Carnall, Geoffrey D., 1927-2015 (Honorary Fellow at Edinburgh University) 1
- Church of Scotland 1
- Cicero, Marcus Tullius, 106-43 BCE (Roman statesman, lawyer, scholar, and writer) 1
- Cooke, Marian, fl. 1946-1970 (secretary, Moray House College of Education) 1
- Cunningham, Daniel John, 1850-1909 (professor of anatomy, Trinity College Dublin) 1
- Cushny, Arthur Robertson, 1866-1926 (Pharmacologist, Professor of Materia Medica and Pharmacology) 1
- Havergal, Henry, 1902-1989, former Principal of the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama 1
- Hume, David, 1711-1776 (Scottish Philosopher) 1
- Jones, Peter Howard, fl 1964-1999 (Professor of Philosophy, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Leather, Russell A., Dr., b. 1924 (electrical engineer, former Chair of Gannochy Trust) 1
- Lonsdale, Henry, 1816-1876 (Edinburgh University alumnus; physician) 1
- MacMurray, John, 1891-1976 (chair of moral philosophy, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Maconochie, Lord Meadowbank, Allan, 1748-1816 (Scottish judge) 1
- Malloch, James, fl. 1878-1879 1
- Masson, David Mather, 1822-1907 (Regius Professor of Rhetoric and Belles Lettres, Edinburgh University) 1
- McFarland, Henry Stewart Noel, 1924-1973 (educationist) 1
- Pringle, Sir John, 1707-1782 (1st Baronet | Professor of Moral Philosophy, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Sutherland, Robert, b. 1926 (Writer to the Signet, Notary Public) 1
- Thomson, Godfrey Hilton, Sir, 1881-1955 (psychologist and Bell Professor of Education, University of Edinburgh) 1
- University of Glasgow (1451- :) (university) 1 ∧ less