Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Scope and Contents The collection is composed of: a black and white photograph - studio portrait - of Margaret Robertson wearing academic dress during the period of her graduation in 1919; copy of a studio portrait, seated pose, during the period of graduation; and, degree certificate or parchment of Margaret Robertson, interesting for the hand-corrected script indicating 1919 rather than 1909 (and indicative of the shortage of parchment paper in the wake of the 1914-1918 war).
Collection — Box: CLX-A-1677
Content Description This notebook contains lectures on the works of Aristotle, dictated by Thomas Craufurd, Regent of Philosophy at the University of Edinburgh, and taken down by student George Dalgliesh. The lectures cover the third and fourth years of Dalgliesh’s degree, and, besides logic and metaphysics, deal with scientific subjects such as physics, astronomy, and anatomy. The notes are embellished with humorous doodles.
Scope and Contents The medals are the Edinburgh University class medals: geology and mineralogy, 1899-1900; practical geology and mineralogy, 1900-1901; practical botany, 1901 (Edinburgh School of Medicine); practical zoology, 1901-1902; and petrology, 1902. The collection also includes the British Association Medal, 1923, for scientific research in South Africa, and the Draper Medal of the Geological Society of South Africa, 1935.
- University of Edinburgh -- students 2
- Anatomy 1
- Astronomy 1
- Commencement ceremonies | 1
- Lectures and Lecturing 1
- Logic 1
- Medals 1
- Metaphysics 1
- Physics 1
- Student lecture notes 1
- Students 1
- University of Edinburgh -- Medals 1 ∧ less
- English 2
- Aristotle, 384-322 BC (Greek philosopher) 1
- Craufurd, Thomas, fl 1626-1662 (Regent of Philosophy, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Dalgliesh, George, fl 1660-1662 (University of Edinburgh student) 1
- Robertson, Margaret, 1895-1987, Teacher 1
- University of Edinburgh (Scottish University) 1