Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Lectures on chemistry by Thomas Charles Hope, taken down by E. W. Bennet
Scope and Contents A volume containing the outline of a course of lectrues on chemistry given by Thomas Charles Hope, taken down by E. W. Bennet in 1822-23.
Manuscript notebook of Dr Thomas Charles Hope recording medical case histories
Fonds — Box: CLX-A-1704
Content Description Manuscript notebook of Dr Thomas Charles Hope recording medical case histories. The constellation of Dr Hope, Dr Duncan, and Dr Rutherford together with the mention of patients being admitted "into the Infirmary" lead to the ascription of this being notes from the Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh. The Dr Duncan mentioned several times in the text is presumably Andrew Duncan (1773-1832), who founded the hospital.
Dates: ca 1796
Notes from lectures by Thomas Charles Hope and Joseph Black
Scope and Contents 1 volume of lecture notes (1796-1797) taken down at lectures given by both TC Hope and Joseph Black
Thomas Charles Hope: Notes from lectures given by John Robison
Scope and Contents 5 volumes of notes taken at the lectures given by John Robison.
- Chemistry 2
- Case Notes 1
- Medicine | History | 1
- Polypodiaceae, Classification of 1
- Student lecture notes 1
- English 2
- English 2
- Latin 1
- Bennet, E W, fl 1820s (Edinburgh University chemistry student) 1
- Black, Joseph, 1728-1799 (professor of chemistry, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Duncan, Andrew, 1773-1832 (the younger | British physician) 1
- Robison, John, 1739-1805 (professor of natural philosophy, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh (1729-:) 1