Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Fonds — Volume: Dc.3.73
Content Description The volume is concerned mainly with affairs connected with the building of the University of Edinburgh, 1817-1822. It also lists details of income and expenditure during the period and, refers to other projects, clients etc.Playfair's opening paragraph describes this as an abstract of a journal of "the principal transactions and events of my life, chiefly in order to prevent doubt and confusion in matters of business."The volume mentions Playfair taking occupancy of the Mathematics...
Scope and Contents The papers are composed of 11 business accounts books of McKenzie and Co. and are those starting: February 1976 April 1979 August 1980 May 1982 March 1984 August 1985 May 1988 May 1991 May 1993 December 1995 March 1999 ...
Scope and Contents Account book of a Culross merchant, probably Bailie Robert Geddes, covering 1736 to 1753. 55 + 33 pages (author begun at both ends). Vellum binding. Some loose fragments of accounts at end, and part of a letter to 'Baillie Robert Geddes, merchant in Culross'.
- Accountants 1
- Diaries 1
- Merchants 1
- Scotland -- Fife -- Culross 1
- English 2
- English 1
- Macpherson, James (Principal Clerk to William Henry Playfair (1817)) 1
- McKenzie & Co., 1
- McKenzie, Hamish A. N., fl. 1976-2000 (graduate of Edinburgh University, chartered accountant) 1
- Playfair, John, 1748-1819 (scientist, mathematician, and professor of natural philosophy, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Playfair, William Henry, 1790-1857 (architect) 1