Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Fonds — translation missing: en.enumerations.container_type.container: EUA GD60
Identifier: EUA GD60
Scope and Contents Small volume containing lists of scholars (students), their masters (surgeons who they were apprenticed to) and fees paid. In addition there are some details of boarders (1722-1736). Folded inside the volume is a copy letter of 28 June 1945 from the donor, James Watt WS, to Lord Amulree, sent to Univerity Librarian, Lauriston William Sharp.
Scope and Contents Notebook containing notes of lectures on anatomy given by Prof. John Goodsir, taken down by Arthur Pearse (M.D., 1859) at the University of Edinburgh in 1855-1856. Volume 2 only.
Collection — Box: Coll-1615 (E2015.19)
Scope and Contents Manuscript petition, ink on vellum (approx. 190 x 60cm in total, consisting of four joined membranes) with 248 signatures of medical students penned underneath text of the petition, also signed and dated by “J.Weatherspoon writer to the signet,” some light dustiness, several patches of discolouration, a few frayed areas at margins not affecting text.This huge vellum scroll bears the manuscript text of a petition dated 28 March 1828 signed by 248 medical students of the University of...
Dates: 28 March 1828
Collection — Box: CLX-A-1677
Content Description This notebook contains lectures on the works of Aristotle, dictated by Thomas Craufurd, Regent of Philosophy at the University of Edinburgh, and taken down by student George Dalgliesh. The lectures cover the third and fourth years of Dalgliesh’s degree, and, besides logic and metaphysics, deal with scientific subjects such as physics, astronomy, and anatomy. The notes are embellished with humorous doodles.
Scope and Contents The Alexander Woodcock notebooks contain: Lectures on Anatomy and Physiology - Alexander Jardine Lizar - notebook noted 5 November 1833 Lectures on Chemistry - Doctor Hope - 11 July 1845 A third volume contains: Notes from 1 September 1843 - 20 July 1844 - Patient cases ...
- University of Edinburgh -- students 3
- Medical students 2
- Student lecture notes 2
- Astronomy 1
- Chemistry 1
- Classes (Groups of Students) 1
- Lectures and Lecturing 1
- Logic 1
- Metaphysics 1
- Physics 1
- Physiology 1
- Student notes 1
- Students 1 ∧ less
- English 3
- English 1
- Latin 1
- Aristotle, 384-322 BC (Greek philosopher) 1
- Craufurd, Thomas, fl 1626-1662 (Regent of Philosophy, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Dalgliesh, George, fl 1660-1662 (University of Edinburgh student) 1
- Goodsir, John, Professor, 1814-1867 (professor of anatomy Edinburgh University | Edinburgh) 1
- Mackenzie, Basil William Sholto, 2nd Baron Amulree, 1900-1983 (physician) 1
- Monro, Alexander, 'primus', 1697-1767 (Professor of Anatomy, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Pearse, Arthur, fl 1850s (medical student, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Sharp, Lauriston William, 1897-1959 (University Librarian, University of Edinburgh) 1
- University of Edinburgh (Scottish University) 1
- Watt, James, 1863-1945 (solicitor, Edinburgh) 1
- Woodcock, Alexander, fl. 1832-1846 (student at Edinburgh University) 1 ∧ less