Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Fonds — Box: CLX-A-1592
Content Description This collection includes a printed book with two enclosures, printed ephemera, and two medals related to harpist Helen Patuffa Hood and her mother Marjory Kennedy-Fraser, Scottish musician and folk-song collector. The printed book is a signed copy of The Road to the Isles (Edinburgh: Robert Grant & Son, 1927) by Kenneth Macleod given by the author himself to Patuffa as...
Dates: 1889; 1925-1928; 1946
Scope and Contents The papers of Francis Montgomery Collinson consist of songs, correspondence, and notebooks.
Dates: 20th century
Scope and Contents The content of the Papers at shelfmark Gen. 273-286 include a manuscript volume of Gaelic songs, manuscripts and proofs of The songs of the Hebrides, papers relating to The Seal Woman, proofs of Life of Song, and newspaper cuttings. Correspondence at shelfmark Gen. 519-520 includes letters from various members of the Kennedy family in Italy to the family at home, 1879-1880, letters to Marjory...
- Folk songs, Scots 2
- women artists 2
- women musicians 2
- Instrumentation and Orchestration 1
- Medals 1
- English 1
- English 1
- Fraser, Marjory Kennedy-, 1857-1930 (singer, pianist, folk-song collector and arranger) 2
- Boughton, Alice, 1866-1943 (Photographer) 1
- Collinson, Francis Montgomery, 1895-1985 1
- Hood, Helen Patuffa, 1889-1967 (harpist) 1
- Macleod, Kenneth, 1871-1955 (Church of Scotland minister and folklorist) 1