Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Content Description This collection consists of the diaries written by Janet Beaton between 1934 and 1949, and from 1962 until her death in 2018. The early diaries relate to her experience of wartime (for example, her 1939 diary includes her eye-witness account of a "Humbie Heinkel" over East Lothian. This was the first German aircraft to be brought down over mainland Britain during the Second World War.), and to her days at the University of Edinburgh. Subsequent diaries relate to her family, her many travels...
Scope and Contents Interview with then Prime Minister of Tanzania, Julius Nyerere, by an unknown student. It runs for approximately 20 minutes. The intyerview itself runs for just over 7 minutes and focuses on education. The remainder comprises silent footage taken at various locations.
Content Description This fonds consists of the papers of Colonel Cecil Charles Murison, physician and surgeon in the Indian Medical Service. It contains: Certificates earned when he was studying in Edinburgh and in Liverpool, and in the Indian Military Service (1891-1930); Published medical articles by Col. Murison and some related correspondence (1901-1926); Small portrait photograph (undated)...
Fonds — Multiple Containers
Scope and Contents Diploma, Edinburgh Association for the University Education of Women (1889) Certificate, Practical Efficiency in Teaching, University of Cambridge (1889) Certificate, Theory, History and Practice of Teaching, University of Cambridge (1889) Degree certificate, MA, University of Edinburgh (1893) Photograph of the three surviving 1893 women...
Fonds — Box: CLX-A-390
Content Description This small fonds consists of the papers, portrait, and medals of Dr James Robert Stott, OBE, World War I Captain and graduate in medicine from the University of Edinburgh. It includes: Four First World War medals in a "Ernest Jones" box: The British Military Medal, The Victory Medal (Great Britain), an OBE Officer Badge, Military Division, and a tripartite medal with smaller versions of the three medals. ...
Dates: Majority of material found within 1914-1919; 1954
Fonds — Box: Gen.2133, Folder: Gen.2133/8
Scope and Contents Letter from Sir Sydney Smith to Dr Sachi Kumar Chatterji, 21 March 1949. Letter from Sir Sydney Smith to Dr Sachi Kumar Chatterji, 2 October 1952. B&W photograph of Dr Sachi Kumar Chatterji with Sir Sydney Smith and 3 others, in the laboratory of the Forensic Department of the University of Edinburgh (n.d.). Letter from Mr Sunrit Mullick to Mr W. V. Stevens,...
Dates: 1949 -1982
Fonds — Multiple Containers
Content Description This fonds consists of theatre programmes and other ephemera relating to plays taken part in or seen by Philip de Grouchy whilst studying at the University of Edinburgh from 1959 to 1963, and after. The material is arranged in nine "volumes": Vols I and II: Programmes of plays presented by Edinburgh University Dramatic Society (hereafter E.U.D.S.or "Dramsoc") in which Philip de Grouchy took part or directed,...
Fonds — translation missing: en.enumerations.container_type.container: Phot.Ill.125
Scope and Contents 11 Photographs of Frances Helen Simson M. A. LL. D. (1854-1838) first woman M. A. in Scotland. Includes photographs of relatives and of Frances when she was young.
Dates: 19th-20th century
Fonds — Multiple Containers
Identifier: EUA GD6
Scope and Contents Executive Committee minutes (4 volumes, 1 packet), 1920-1992 (Box EUA-A-49, EUA-A-57) Teenage Dance Committee minutes (1 volume), 1970-1980 (Box EUA-A-49) Executive Committee agenda & minutes (2 files), 1972-1994 (Box EUA-A-50) Annual General Meeting minutes (2 volume), 1950-1995 (Box EUA-A-49, EUA-A-56) Annual General Meeting agendas &...
- Photographs 2
- Diaries 1
- Edinburgh Festival Fringe Society 1
- India 1
- Indian Medical Service 1
- Medical students 1
- Medical students | Scotland | 1
- Medicine | Research | 1
- Military decorations 1
- Novelists 1
- Obituaries 1
- Opera 1
- Photographs -- Student Groups 1
- Physicians 1
- Portraits 1
- Posters 1
- Programmes 1
- Social gatherings 1
- Societies and Clubs 1
- Student activities | Edinburgh (Scotland) 1
- Tanzania 1
- Teachers 1
- Theatre 1
- University of Edinburgh -- Group photograph 1
- University of Edinburgh -- students 1
- Women -- Societies and clubs 1
- Women authors, Scottish 1
- World War, 1914-1918 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Medals 1
- World War, 1939-1945 | Lothian (Scotland) | 1
- World War, 1939-1945--Women 1 ∧ less
- English 7
- English 2
- Beaton, Janet, 1922-2018 (teacher and writer) 1
- Chatterji, Sachi Kumar (medic; University of Edinburgh alumnus) 1
- Edinburgh Association for the University Education of Women (1868-1974) 1
- Edinburgh University Dramatic Society 1
- Edinburgh University Women's Club (1920:-) 1
- Grouchy, Philip de, b 1940 (Edinburgh University alumnus; teacher) 1
- Holland, Sir Thomas Henry (geologist, Principal of the University of Edinburgh) 1
- Moon, Brenda Elizabeth (University of Edinburgh Librarian) 1
- Murison, Cecil Charles, 1874-1942 (Colonel, Indian Medical Service) 1
- Newbiggin, Maude Elizabeth (University of Edinburgh alumna) 1
- Nyerere, Julius Kambarage, 1922-1999 (President of Tanzania) 1
- Simson, Frances Helen, 1854-1938 (Scottish suffragist) 1
- Smith, Sydney Alfred, Sir, 1883-1969 (Professor of Forensic Medicine and Dean of the Faculty of Medicine, University of Edinburgh) 1
- Stevens, William Victor, 1900-1987 (President of the University of Edinburgh Graduates' Association) 1
- Stewart, Flora (nee Philip, University of Edinburgh alumna) 1
- Stirling, Amelia Hutchison (University of Edinburgh alumna) 1
- Stott, James Robert, c 1881-1954 (physician and World War I veteran) 1
- University of Cambridge (English University) 1
- University of Edinburgh (Scottish University) 1
- University of Edinburgh. Communications and Marketing 1 ∧ less