Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Scope and Contents The collection comprises an Edinburgh University medal (bronze) awarded to Charles A. Anderson session 1888-1889, for the Senior Surgery class. The medal is mounted in a small case (Alex'r Kirkwood and Son, Medalists, 9 St. James Square, Edinburgh).
Scope and Contents Two bronze medals - University of Edinburgh:
1927-1928 - Economic Geography - Marion D. Wishart
1928-1929 - Banking - Marion D. Wishart M.A.Both medals are in presentation cases: black leatherette, with dark blue inset for medals, and silk-lined hinged lids. The name: Alexander Kirkwood & Son / Medalists / St. James Square / Edinburgh
Scope and Contents 1 x silver medal - Annual Prize - Perth Academy - awarded to William A. Knowles 1882-1883 - 1st student Senior Mathematical and Physical Class 1 x silver medal - Annual Prize - Perth Academy - awarded to William D[sic]. Knowles 1884-1885 - 1st student Senior Latin Class 1 x bronze medal -Edinburgh University - awarded to William A. Knowles 1885-1886 - Junior Mathematics ...
Fonds — Multiple Containers
Scope and Contents The material is composed of notes, essays, and examination papers, and consists of: folder relating to British History I, European History 2, and Celtic I, 1972-1973; Medieval aristocracies and society, Medieval and early renaissance thought, and Theory and history of history, 1973-1974; Literature, war and society in France, England, and the Iberian Peninsula; Studies in Italian Renaissance history, 1974-1975; and an European History examination sheet, Autumn 1972. There are also a large...
Collection — Box: Coll-1615 (E2015.19)
Scope and Contents Manuscript petition, ink on vellum (approx. 190 x 60cm in total, consisting of four joined membranes) with 248 signatures of medical students penned underneath text of the petition, also signed and dated by “J.Weatherspoon writer to the signet,” some light dustiness, several patches of discolouration, a few frayed areas at margins not affecting text.This huge vellum scroll bears the manuscript text of a petition dated 28 March 1828 signed by 248 medical students of the University of...
Dates: 28 March 1828
Scope and Contents The item, a bronze medal, has an unmilled and uninscribed edge. On one side the medal features the University arms of the saltire, castle, book and thistle, and around the edge the Latin: SCOT.REG.EDIN.ACAD.JACOB.VI. On the other is inscribed PHYSICUS CARGILL G. KNOTT, with the year 1873-74 framed by laurel branches.
Item — Volume: Dk.1.4
Scope and Contents A single volume in two parts. The first part relates to the buildings use as the Mechanics Library, the second relates to its period as University Hall. In the front is bound an architectural plan and two engravings of the buildings.Section I begins with a Preface based on extracts from Daniel Wilson, 'Edinburgh in Olden Time'. Bound in before the Preface is a two-sided illustration, one side titled "M'Morran Superintends his bigging". Thererafter follows a table of contents and then...
Dates: 1850s, 1890s
Scope and Contents The medals are the Edinburgh University class medals: geology and mineralogy, 1899-1900; practical geology and mineralogy, 1900-1901; practical botany, 1901 (Edinburgh School of Medicine); practical zoology, 1901-1902; and petrology, 1902. The collection also includes the British Association Medal, 1923, for scientific research in South Africa, and the Draper Medal of the Geological Society of South Africa, 1935.
- Medals 5
- University of Edinburgh -- Medals 5
- Students 2
- Anatomy 1
- Examination Papers 1
- Libraries 1
- Medical students 1
- Medicine 1
- Scotland -- Edinburgh -- Riddle's Court 1
- Societies and Clubs 1
- Student Residences 1
- Student activities | Edinburgh (Scotland) 1
- Women students 1 ∧ less
- Latin 1
- University of Edinburgh (Scottish University) 4
- Anderson, Charles A., fl. 1888-1934 (surgeon) 1
- Bruce, William Speirs, 1867-1921 (polar explorer and oceanographer) 1
- Edinburgh Mechanics' Subscription Library 1
- Geddes, Sir Patrick, 1854-1932 (biologist, sociologist, educationist and town planner) 1
- Irvine, Louis Godfrey (medical scientist) 1
- Knott, Cargill Gilston, 1856-1922 (physicist, mathematician and secretary of the Royal Society of Edinburgh) 1
- Knowles, William Andrew, 1868-1942 (minister) 1
- Lubkin, Gregory P, fl 1972-1996 (Edinburgh University alumnus, President of the American Friends of the University of Edinburgh) 1
- McMorran, John, Baillie (magistrate, Edinburgh) 1
- Murdoch, William Gordon Burn-, 1862-1939 (Scottish artist and traveller) 1
- Stephens, Riccardo, fl 1889-1896 (medic and author) 1
- University Hall (Edinburgh) 1
- Wishart, Marion Donaldson, b 1903 (University of Edinburgh student) 1
- Young, Robert Burns, b. 1874, Scientist 1 ∧ less