Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Content Description This collection comprises an artist's journal, a set of handmade CDs, and an artwork produced by Sonia Ali during her studies at the Edinburgh College of Art in 2013/14 (MA Art Space Nature). Artist's research journal/book: this research journal documents the artist's thinking and making process for a series of works in collaboration with University of Edinburgh – Evolutionary Biology Dept where she has worked...
Fonds — Box: CLX-A-1592
Content Description This collection includes a printed book with two enclosures, printed ephemera, and two medals related to harpist Helen Patuffa Hood and her mother Marjory Kennedy-Fraser, Scottish musician and folk-song collector. The printed book is a signed copy of The Road to the Isles (Edinburgh: Robert Grant & Son, 1927) by Kenneth Macleod given by the author himself to Patuffa as...
Dates: 1889; 1925-1928; 1946
Scope and Contents The content of the Papers at shelfmark Gen. 273-286 include a manuscript volume of Gaelic songs, manuscripts and proofs of The songs of the Hebrides, papers relating to The Seal Woman, proofs of Life of Song, and newspaper cuttings. Correspondence at shelfmark Gen. 519-520 includes letters from various members of the Kennedy family in Italy to the family at home, 1879-1880, letters to Marjory...
- Folk music -- Scotland 2
- Folk songs, Scots 2
- women musicians 2
- Artists 1
- Artworks 1
- Edinburgh College of Art -- students 1
- Medals 1
- Printed ephemera 1
- Programmes 1
- Scottish Gaelic language 1
- Songs, Scottish Gaelic 1 ∧ less
- English 2
- English 1
- Fraser, Marjory Kennedy-, 1857-1930 (singer, pianist, folk-song collector and arranger) 2
- Ali, Sonia, fl 2010s (artist; Edinburgh College of Art alumna) 1
- Boughton, Alice, 1866-1943 (Photographer) 1
- Edinburgh College of Art (1907-:) 1
- Hood, Helen Patuffa, 1889-1967 (harpist) 1