Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Scope and Contents All three letters are on the letterhead of 'Wansfell', 18 Chesterfield Gardens, Hampstead NW 3, and dated 17 January 1921, 8 February 1921, and 17 February 1922. Each open with the salutation, 'My dear Patuffa'. The letter of 17 January 1921 begins, 'I have just found, to my much delight, Mrs Kennedy Fraser's invitation to your wedding, wh. reached me at Betty-Fold, our house at the Lakes'. Holiday had hoped to attend, 'but when I unpacked the invitation had disappeared'. He...
Scope and Contents The content of the Papers at shelfmark Gen. 273-286 include a manuscript volume of Gaelic songs, manuscripts and proofs of The songs of the Hebrides, papers relating to The Seal Woman, proofs of Life of Song, and newspaper cuttings. Correspondence at shelfmark Gen. 519-520 includes letters from various members of the Kennedy family in Italy to the family at home, 1879-1880, letters to Marjory...
Scope and Contents The Bronze medals awarded by the University of Edinburgh to Christina Struthers are: History of Music, 1893-1894 Counterpoint and Composition,1895-1896 Musical Analysis, 1897-1898 They had been presented in small padded cases prepared by: Alexander Kirkwood and Son, Medalists, 9 St. James Square, Edinburgh. This Edinburgh firm of medalists...
- Music 2
- Folk music -- Scotland 1
- Folk songs, Scots 1
- Medals 1
- Musicians 1
- Scottish Gaelic language 1
- Songs, Scottish Gaelic 1
- University of Edinburgh -- Medals 1
- Women students 1
- women artists 1 ∧ less
- Fraser, Marjory Kennedy-, 1857-1930 (singer, pianist, folk-song collector and arranger) 1
- Holiday, Henry, 1839-1927 (pre-Raphaelite painter) 1
- Hood, Helen Patuffa, 1889-1967 (harpist) 1
- Struthers, Christina, d. 1944 (Mus.Bac. 1899 | wife of Frederick Niecks) 1
- University of Edinburgh (Scottish University) 1